The wines for this tasting were provided by L’Ecole du Vin de Bordeaux. If you are ever in the city I recommend their courses, many of which are held in English. The wines tasted were as follows:
- Cuvee Clemence 2020 – aromas of lemon and pineapple with some oak on the palate, although less on the nose. Good quality pleasant wine £15 from Wine Something.
- L’Emigre Blanc 2020 – aromas of melon, orange peel and lime, quite intense fruit. Very good quality £15 from Virgin Wines
- Chateau Le Coin Sauvignon Gris 2020 – the group voted this the pick of the tasting. Aromas of peach, apricot, grape and kiwi, long finish, good with shellfish. Very good quality and good value at £12 from Laithwaites.
- Chateau Haut Rian 2020 – salmon pink rose. Aromas of strawberry, cranberry, red apple and hedgerow fruits, slightly confected. Good quality, £14 from Wine Library.
- Chateau Sainte Marie Vieilles Vignes 2019 – red and black fruits, medium tannins but fruit dominates. Good quality, £10 from Great Wine.
- Chateau de la Dauphine 2016 – rich wine with noticeable tannins, black fruit and leafy. Very good quality, £20 from Millesima.